Sanofi Logistics Manager, Khaldoun Ghanayem: 60 Second Interview
Khaldoun Ghanayem, Logistics Manager at Sanofi, Saudi Arabia, joined Cold Chain IQ for a 60 second interview, about the challenges he faces in his role and how he is seeking to overcome them.
CCIQ: Please could you tell us a little bit about your current role and responsibilities?
K Ghanayem: I am working as Supply Chain Manager at Sanofi Aventis Saudi Arabia. Responsible for:
- Generating the sales orders from the local agents and communicating the orders with supply points in Europe
- Stock monitoring not to exceed the agreed monthly coverage
- Updating the SC tools with the monthly forecast
- Ensure plant’s replenishments on time
CCIQ: What is the greatest challenge you face in your role and how are you seeking to overcome it?
- Shipping cost reduction
- Shorten the production & transportation lead time
- Meet the local market requirements
CCIQ: How is the pharmaceutical landscape changing in Saudi Arabia, what trends have you witnessed in the last couple of years?
- Consolidation of distributors
- Chain Pharmacies
- Leading pharmaceutical companies are moving towards local production through toll manufacturing or their own plants
- Local manufacturing plants (Generics) are growing fast
- Market is moving towards Generics
CCIQ: Where do you see the most innovation taking place in the supply chain?
- Online technology
- Data loggers for temperature monitoring during transportation
CCIQ: What are you most looking forward to about the Cold Chain Saudi Summit?
K Ghanayem: Learning from the other participants and exchanging the experience.
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below