Export Compliance "Need to Know" + Due Diligence and Compliance
In her presentation from the Cold Chain & Temperature Control Distribution Online Summit in June -July 2012, Martha Kliss, US Distribution, Import & Export Manager, UCB discusses:
- Know your customer – compliance screening
- Export compliance regulations EAR
- Government agencies – BIS, OFAC, DEA, FDA, IRS
- Is the commodity regulated by a government agency – DEA controlled, ITAR regulated, License required
- Commodity jurisdiction – state, commerce, defence
- Regional embargos and sanctions – Cuba and free trade agreements; NAFTA, CAFTA, WTO
- Risk mitigation – IP protection, patents
- Temperature controlled requirements – ensuring you have a plan B contingency plan
Have Your Say
Rate this feature and give us your feedback in the comments section below
US Distribution, Import & Export Manager
Martha Kliss has held multiple roles through various company mergers and acquisitions during her 19-year Pharmaceutical experience. Her diverse core responsibilities include: International Relations, Import & Export Compliance, International Policy, Financial Reporting and most recently under her current role with UCB, Inc., as the Distribution and Import/Export Manager; she is accountable for the Transport and Distribution of temperature controlled bio-technology products, and traditional Rx pharmaceutical portfolio. She has been an active member of the US Chamber of Commerce and through its International Business Council (Rochester NY-Chapter) has held various positions including President of the Advisory Board during the 2005 term. Martha is also a member for the Upstate NY District Export Council where she has remained an active member through two consecutive terms. During her professional journey she has presented International Trade Business and Compliance topics to local NY Colleges such as ‘How to Evaluate & Promote your Portfolio in Latin America”, ‘Doing Business in Foreign Cultures’, ‘Export Compliance 101’, etc. Martha has a bachelor degree in International Commerce from the Instituto Politecnico Nacional in Mexico City.
By entering in your information and submitting the form, you give the sponsor permission to contact you regarding their product.
* = required.