Articles by Shirley Ann Feld
Shirley Ann Feld qualified as a pharmacist in England and worked in community pharmacy for several years. In 1989 she became Head of the Regulatory Affairs department of a CRO (clinical research organisation) in Germany. In 1992 she started working for Hoechst in Frankfurt, Germany in Quality Assurance, transferred after 3 years to drug product manufacturing, then in 1997 to the Supply Chain department.
As Head of Distribution Compliance, she was responsible for all warehousing of raw materials and finished goods and distribution/transport of these goods to the domestic market and internationally.
During this period she qualified the transport methods for a cold storage product, which was launched to more than 35 countries in 2 years.
With the formation of Sanofi-Aventis in 2004 she transferred to a corporate function in Industrial Quality & Compliance, Supply Chain Support as Associate Director. Since September 2009 I belong to Global Quality Supply Chain.
Areas of special interest: GDP, cold chain, qualification of transport processes.
• Member of the revision group for WHO Technical Report Series, No. 908 (2003) Annex 9. Good Storage Practices for Pharmaceuticals.
• Member of USP expert committee for Packaging and Storage 2005 - 2007.
• Member of the Review Committee for PDA Technical Report 39 Version 2.
• Member of the PDA EU PCCIG steering committee.
• Member of IATA Time and Temperature Task Force to review Chapter 17, 2008 -2009.
On top of this broad background within the pharmaceutical industry, she was also one of the founding members of the Pharma Logistics Forum and a member of the current steering committee.
3rd Cold Chain GDP & Temperature Management Logistics Summit - Mexico
Sheraton Santa Fe, Mexico City , Mexico City , Mexico
May 18- 20, 2015
Global Pharma Supply Chain Exchange 2015
July 13- 14, 2015
San Francisco, CA
July 13- 15, 2015